While not affiliated with Biomimicry Chicago, this workshop may be of interest to those interested in biomimicry in the built environment. In fact, the Living Building Challenge was heavily influenced by the thought meme of biomimicry. Early bird pricing ends 6/4. I am going. Join me? Amy
Understanding the Living Building Challenge Workshop
Time: Monday, June 18 · 9:00am - 3:30pm
Location: PepsiCo Sustainability Center 555 W Monroe, Chicago, IL
This workshop is hosted by Jason La Fleur, Regional Director of Alliance for Environmental Sustainability and one of our own LBC Collaborative members. Attendees are the green building leaders in their community: design professionals, contractors, developers, owners, government officials and employees of public agencies. In short, anyone and everyone who can impact the development of the built environment.
For a workshop overview and to register, visit: www.alliancees.org/lbc
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
- Describe the Living Building Challenge Community resources and certification process
- Approved for 6 GBCI Continuing Education hours
- Approved for 6 AIA Learning Units credits
- Continental breakfast and lunch included
Early pricing ends on June 4 - Register now!
Post a Comment